He was born on 4 June 1974 in Ljubljana. In 1993, he graduated from the II High School in Maribor. Seven years later, in 2000, he graduated from the Veterinary Faculty of the University of Ljubljana. After graduation, he underwent a voluntary internship at the Clinic for Small Animal Surgery and Medicine at the Veterinary Faculty in Ljubljana. In 2002, he passed the state exam in the field of veterinary medicine and obtained the title of assistant in the areas ‘Diseases and Health of Carnivores’ and ‘Outpatient Clinic’ at the Veterinary Faculty. In 2003, he obtained a license to perform veterinary activities. From 2002 to 2004, he was employed at the Clinic for Small Animal Surgery and Medicine (Department of Internal Veterinary Medicine) at the Veterinary Faculty. From 2004 to 2009, he was a veterinarian internist in the Toplica Centre for Animal Treatment, focusing on the fields of veterinary endocrinology, cardiology and ultrasound. Since 2010 he has been collaborating with the Klinika Loka team in Škofja Loka, especially in the field of veterinary internal medicine.
In the last five years, he has perfected his knowledge of advanced ultrasonic diagnostic methods at the Eickemeyer Veterinary Training Centre in Germany. In 2010, he also participated in the organisation and implementation of two-day workshops on ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, headed by Dr. Edoardo Auriemma, a European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (ECVDI) graduate.
He is a regular participant at WSAVA conferences − World Small Animal Veterinary Association, and the annual symposia of the Slovenian Small Animal Veterinary Association (SSAVA). He has been a member of the Steering Committee of SSAVA since 2005.
Lectures and written contributions at conferences:
- ” ‘Open-window syndrome’ and acute renal failure in domestic cats” (XXIII. Symposium on Current Diseases of Small Animals, Dolenjske Toplice, 2010);
- “Basics of ECG for Veterinary Technicians” (XXIII. Symposium on Current Diseases of Small Animals, Dolenjske Toplice, Slovenia, 2010);
- “Triage Cardiology – The Study of Clinical Cases” (XXII. Symposium on Current Diseases of Small Animals, Slovenian Small Animal Veterinary Association, Lipica, Slovenia, 2009);
- “Hyperthyroidism in Cats” (10thInternational Symposium WSAVA – World Small Animal Veterinary Association, Eastern European Continuing Education International Symposium, Opatija, Croatia, 2003);
- “Haemostasis” (XV. Symposium on Current Diseases of Small Animals, Slovenian Small Animal Veterinary Association, Poljče, Slovenia, 2003);
- “Efficient Use of Antimicrobial Substances” (CAD – Companion Animal Diseases 2003 Infectious and Parasitic Diseases of Companion Animals, Brioni, Croatia, 2003);
- “Epidemiological Study of Myxomatous Valvular Disease – A Retrospective Study of 195 Cases” (XXVII. WSAVA Congress – World Small Animal Veterinary Association, Granada, 2002).